Story Of The Renovation
The St. Regis Aspen Resort is honored to announce a new era of style and elegance becoming of the St. Regis brand with a nearly $40 million renovation. This comprehensive interior and exterior redesign represents a new standard of luxury design in Aspen.
The St. Regis Aspen Resort has retained Rottet Studio to conceptualize a quintessential mountain manor similar to what John Jacob Astor would have designed during the Gilded Age.
The building was transformed into an innovative, intriguing structure, representative of the grand and lavish architecture of that era. Light, ornamental steel and glass were cleverly used in order to reflect the styling of Frank Furness. The floor plan was completely restructured which improved operations and guests accommodations and truly emulated the elegance of an opulent historic manor.
• Redesigned entry drive court
• Grand solarium entry
• New front desk and concierge desk design allowing for greater guest interaction
• Grand staircase connecting the lobby level to the lower level ballrooms
• Newly created library with fireplace, sofas and bookshelves
• Embellished ballroom and meeting space inspired by the Gilded Age
• Renovated pool area
• Completely redesigned guestrooms offering a separate shower and tub experience
About The Designer
Lauren Rottet is one of the most celebrated interior architects today, with an extraordinary record of awards, publications, lectures, juries and honors. Ms. Rottet is one of only two designers to hold the coveted titles of Fellow of the American Institute of Architecture, Interior Design magazine’s Hall of Fame, and Contract magazine’s Designer of the Year.